Mari is a great tool for texturing purposes and has a lot of useful small options. I’m going to speak about rendering turn tables for dailies.
- Once you have all your texture maps and shaders ready inside Mari, you should establish a nice point of view in the viewport.
- Then go to projectors window and click on create projector. I usually call it turnAround_projector.
- Active your color channel, right click on your turn around projector and click on render turn table.
Most of the options speak for themselves.
The most important are:
- Background: You can choose between dark and light colors.
- Shaders: You can choose any shader of your project.
- Lighting: We will start with flat lighting to show your texture channels like they are.
- Comment: I usually write the name of the channel.
- Text size.
- Template: File name and file format.
Then click OK and render will start.
- Once rendered you’ll have your render in the choosen path.
- Repeat the process with all your texture channels. Most common, color, bump, specular, displacement.
- Then select your shader, click on full lighting mode button and focus all the lights to your camera instead the scene.
- Render turn table again and change lighting mode to full.
- Remind also to change the comment to something like fullShader.