Sometimes is very useful to work with different range of UV’s, specially when you are working with a huge assets and a high detail is needed.
Find below my workflow dealing with this kind of stuff.
- Unfold the UV’s in different ranges.
- If you need to bake procedurals, dirtmaps or whatever, keep in mind to change the UV range in the baking options.
- I always use the same naming convention.
- Create a new project in Mari.
- Check if the UV’s are placed correctly.
- Create a new channel called “base” and import your baked textures into it.
- Ready to keep working.